Monday, October 25, 2010

"Making It" reception

The reception for the alumni show at Uarts turned out to be pretty nice. I was a little dissapointed that a lot of the show was displayed in a hallway. Granted, that hallway is fairly large, new, and freshly painting. . . I guess I shouldn't complain too much. 
The show was held on the 17th floor of the Terra Building located on Broad St just 2 blocks South of Philadelphia's City Hall. Uarts recenlty renovated this top floor and put in a beautiful new theater. The accoustics are super high tech, so all the music majors can know what it's like to perform in a top notch music hall with all the spunky technical toys to go along with it. And apparently it's a good space for dance and theater performances as well. 
Our show was held in the lobby and hallway just outside of this new theatre. Gina and Anthony and I had fun viewing our fellow alumni work, as well as shmoozing with a couple folks.  Check out the pics below!!!



Anthony, Jerica, and Gina

Me in front of my painting " She Cums Out of the Blue"

Gina with her painting "Elemental Composition of Venus"


I really enjoyed this photo. Unfortunately I can't zoom in enough to get the name of the artist on the tag. If anyone knows who it is, please let me know. 



I really like this! By Leigh Ann Bogner.
"Photocopy Rivers, #12"
Collage










No comments:

Post a Comment