Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blind Drawings: Something I'm thinking of doing again.



When I was working on my process for these paintings I did a bunch of really small ink drawings that reflected the first stage of my paintings. I did this as an exercise to figure out what it was that I wanted to do with these paintings. I needed to see a small version of what I was thinking of doing before setting out to do the full, life-size ones.
The excursive:
I would have a stack of small sheets of bristol board sitting on my lap, pen in hand, timer to my left. And in front of me would be an engaging enough movie. I would set the timer to about 10 minutes and while keeping my eyes on the movie I would draw these lines. I would later, in the studio, ad color. They turned out to be really beautiful. I did several bristol drawings and filled a sketchbook with them. Since then I haven't really done anymore of them and have simply focused all my energy on the paintings. I plan to change that. I'll be starting a new series of small blind drawings. I'll keep ya updated!




No comments:

Post a Comment